The ground breaking Elite seat post, designed by founder Ronnie Thomson has become the industry standard - let all other seat posts be judged!
Forged clamps, integrally machined head, and an elliptically extruded 7000 series aluminum body make the Elite and the Setback Elite industry pinnacles for strength, and ease of adjustment.
- The Elite is over 40% stronger on ultimate strength tests than the strongest production seat posts on the market.
- The Elite has double the fatigue life over any other production seat post models we tested.
- The tube and head of the Thomson seat post are integral-machined from one piece of high strength 7000 series aluminum. The head is not pressed or bonded in. This allows for superior strength and minimum weight.
- Fun fact: the Elite is certified to: EN 14766 2006 MTB and DIN CERTCO: 2006 MTB.
- The Thomson Elite is incredibly lightweight, approximately 201 grams (250 length) for road bikes and 228 grams (330 length) for mountain bikes.
- The natural ellipse bore inside tube creates an optimum strength-to-weight ratio.
- Thomson has a long 1.614 inch (41 mm) seat rail grip length. This helps prevent seat rail bending from impact loads. Most other seat posts have grip lengths of at least .500 inches shorter than our grip length.
- The Thomson seat post design incorporates a bending fuse to prevent catastrophic failure. All competitive seat posts we tested failed catastrophically with the seat and clamp components, and sometimes pieces of the tube and head flew off in all directions!
- The Thomson seat post has a clamp, head, and upper tube strong enough to withstand 350 foot-lbs of torque. The tube will start to yield and bend at the seat tube clamp at about 250 foot-lbs of torque. Under severe impact the Thomson seat post will bend slightly and allow the rider to come to a safe stop or finish the ride.
- If you've read this far, I seriously hope you own an Elite seat post.
- The Thomson seat post has all parts captive and can easily be attached to a seat without dis-assembly.
- All Thomson seat posts feature infinite tilt adjustment from minus 5 and plus 29.
- Our post has very low profile clamps, this means no seat interference as the swivel nuts are bolted down between the seat rails.
- The designs and materials used in the Thomson Elite have passed the most rigorous extensive life and ultimate strength tests. Our ongoing testing program ensures that every production lot of seat posts meets Thomson standards. Thank you for trusting and supporting our USA made, Georgian CNC shop? we love doing bikes way more than aerospace.