Rat Trap Pass 26 x 2.3
The ultimate expression of Rene Herse all-road tires – perfect for a new custom bike or to convert your old mountain bike into a competent all-road bike. The 54-mm Rat Trap Pass is incredibly plush, yet thanks to the smaller 26″ wheel size, your bike will be nimble like a good road bike.
The Standard casing is the more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
The Rat Trap Pass is tubeless-compatible. For tubeless set up, we recommend Panaracer Seal Smart tubeless tire sealant.
The supple casing of Rene Herse all-road tires rolls smoothly over surface irregularities. The tread pattern interlocks with the road surface for superior cornering grip, whether your roads are wet or dry. The tread has enough thickness in the center to last many miles, but it's thin and supple on the shoulders where it doesn’t wear. All models feature:
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Actual width on 20 mm rim (internal): approx. 52 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 53 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 - 39 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 454 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Black or tan sidewalls
- 418 g
- The same ultra-fine threads as our Extralight casing, but in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 500 g