Hatcher Pass 700 x 48
At 48 mm wide, the Hatcher Pass hits the sweet spot between narrow gravel tire (38 mm) and mountain bike volume (55 mm) – ideal for the latest generation of gravel and all-road bikes. Named after Lael Wilcox’ favorite road in Alaska, this tire perfect for Hatcher Pass: The front side of the climb is paved and leads to Independence Mine (an abandoned gold mine that is now a state park). The back side is dirt. In August and September there are fields full of wild blueberries near the top.
The Standard casing is a more affordable option: comfortable and fast, yet also strong to withstand considerable abuse. The Extralight casing takes the performance, comfort and feel of your bike to an entirely new level. The Endurance casing is reinforced for extra sidewall protection and puncture resistance, while retaining the speed and comfort for which Rene Herse tires are famous.
The Hatcher Pass is tubeless-compatible. For tubeless set up, we recommend Panaracer Seal Smart tubeless tire sealant.
- Clincher, folding bead
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 55 psi (3.5 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 55 psi (3.5 bar)
- Actual width on 21 mm rim (internal): approx. 47 mm
- Actual width on 23 mm rim (internal): approx. 48 mm
- Extralight casing: +1 mm width
- Tubeless: +0.5 mm width
- Recommended rim: 17 - 35 mm (inner width; hookless: +1 mm)
- Supple casing
- Tan sidewalls
- 470 g
- The same ultra-fine threads as our Extralight casing, but in a denser, stronger weave
- Protective belt under sidewalls and tread
- Ideal for rough gravel and tough conditions
- Dark tan sidewalls
- 495 g
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- The ultimate in speed and comfort
- Tan sidewalls
- 430 g