Expedition Saddle Pack
Expedition Saddle Pack
The Expedition Saddle Pack is waterproof, lightweight, and provides a spacious compartment under the saddle, eliminating the need for a rear rack. It’s designed to hold clothes and equipment on long distance rides.
Built from a lightweight laminate developed specifically for Apidura, the saddle bag is highly resistant to abrasions and tears. The seams have been welded together, creating a waterproof seal that ensures contents always stay dry, even in sustained rain.
A three-point attachment system with Hypalon-reinforced velcro straps allows the saddle bag to hug the seat post, increasing stability and cutting down on lateral movement. Additional Hypalon on the bag’s body keeps frames in good condition.
The Expedition Saddle Pack is available in three sizes for adventures long, short, and in-between. Additionally, the roll-down compression and closure system means the bag’s volume can be tailored precisely to fit a range of packing needs.
Apidura Expedition Series: Created for road riding and long distance tours, the Expedition Series is built from a lightweight material that provides unparalleled waterproofing and defence from the most punishing conditions.
- Lightweight waterproof laminate, developed specifically for Apidura
- Hands-free air release valve for easy packing and compression
- Sturdy and secure three-point attachment system
- Roll-top closure for adjustable capacity
- Carbon-friendly attachment with Hypalon-reinforced velcro straps
- Reflective graphics and light attachment point for increased visibility
- The saddle bag is cut from a three-layer laminate fabric that was developed specifically for us. The material is lightweight, and is highly resistant to tears and abrasion. Notably, it’s welded together at the seams, creating a watertight seal that ensures the saddle bag remains completely waterproof.
- The bag’s attachment points are reinforced with Hypalon, a rubberised nylon used to provide extra protection against friction and abrasion. For the straps, Woojin buckles have been chosen for their strength and reliability.
- Finally, a lightweight moulded section of HDPE thermoplastic sits in the saddle bag’s lower section to reinforce its structure.
- Wash the saddle bag by hand, using a mild diluted soap if necessary. Afterwards, let it air dry.
- Do not machine wash, machine dry, or iron.
Be sure to follow the clearance advice below to ensure the best possible fit for your Saddle bag. If possible, flip the seat post collar so that the bolt is on the opposite side of the post to the Saddle bag. This will ensure that the base of the bag avoids wear and tear.