Backcountry Frame Pack
A lightweight frame bag for weekenders, overnighters, and everyday riding.
The Backcountry Frame Pack is versatile enough that many riders keep it on their bikes full time, carrying tools and spares on short rides and bikepacking kit on longer adventures.
This mountain bike frame bag is designed for compact frame geometries, with a reversible fit to suit both steep and slack angles. It’s well suited to storing heavier items, creating a low centre of gravity on the bike and maintaining natural bike handling.
Inside, the frame bag features lash tabs for securing contents and reducing rattle. We’ve also installed a battery lead and hose port for charging electronic devices or drinking on the go. A reinforced structure ensures a stable fit, no matter what shape the frame is.
APIDURA BACKCOUNTRY SERIES: Optimized for gravel, singletrack and mountain trails, the Backcountry Series is built from an ultralight, hard-wearing laminate and designed to excel in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Two-way fit for different frame geometries
- Internal lash tabs for securing contents
- Protected cable port
- Reflective graphics for enhanced visibility
- Ultra-durable, lightweight body fabric
- The Backcountry Frame Pack is made from Dimension-Polyant VX21, a four-layer laminated fabric originally developed for the maritime industry and our proprietary 420D nylon; a rugged fabric made to our own exacting specifications for durability and waterproofing. Designed to fit the demands of off-road riding, these materials offer full waterproofing, light weight, low stretch, and high abrasion and tear resistance. Notably, it’s welded together at the seams, creating a watertight seal that ensures the saddle bag remains completely waterproof.
- The velcro straps are reinforced with Hypalon, a durable rubberised nylon that provides extra protection against friction and puncture in areas of high stress. For the fastening system, Woojin buckles are used for their reliability.
- Hand wash, using a mild diluted soap if necessary. Afterwards, let it air dry.
- Do not machine wash, machine dry, or iron