Junior Bicycle Mechanic
Dismount is searching for professional mechanics, as well as bicycle builders to
join our team. Mechanics have a wide range of responsibilities and must be
committed to ensuring that all bicycles are in excellent working order and safe for their end rider. Our ideal candidates are passionate about bikes and up to date with latest industry trends and technologies. You must take pride in your work and strive for excellence! Oh, and also not be a grouchy mechanic…Seriously, we are a super friendly shop! Industry certifications a plus. Prior professional bicycle shop/industry experience a bonus but not required.
Who we are:
Our aim is to provide an excellent experience for cycling customers of all demographics and interests. We aim to be approachable, friendly and knowledgeable about what we sell. We want to set you up with the tools to experience and enjoy your adventures to the fullest. That can be rolling to the park as a family or doing multi-day self-supported trek through the wilderness.
As a junior bicycle mechanic at Dismount, you’ll be reporting to the owners and
receiving guidance and direction from senior mechanics. Bicycle mechanics have a wide variety of jobs they’ll be called upon for but will be focused building bikes, installing accessories and developing your skillset to be able to assist with tune-ups. We encourage professional development and want you to learn from our skilled mechanics and also take advantage of the learning resources our brands provide. We also expect every bike assembled or repaired to be test ridden and for mechanics to keep a clean and tidy workspace.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality service with keen attention to detail.
- Build and finish new bikes for sale.
- Installing accessories.
- Assisting in keeping workshop area and parts storage clean and tidy.
- Answering the phone.
- Assisting with cleaning, as well as helping with cardboard/recycling.
- Assisting with putting away newly received product
- Enjoy interacting with customers and providing excellent service. We
take pride in being approachable and courteous, any employee must
share those values.
- Have a basic understanding of how a bicycle is assembled and are
- Have high attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Are constantly on the lookout for ways our shop can run more
- Are able to use a computer. Experience with Lightspeed is a bonus.
- Are motivated to learn and are always looking to advance or add to
your industry accreditation.
- Are organized and tidy.
- Are interested in what we do! Riding, camping and getting outside!
Expectations at Dismount:
- We’re part of a team, treat everyone with respect.
- Be punctual.
- Represent the store in a responsible manner when outside the shop.
- Keep your training up to date and search out new ways to learn more from our brands and resources.
- Be able to maintain a tidy workspace.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay with a sliding scale based on experience, with
opportunities to earn more.
- Full-time employment with 2 days off a week, the shop is closed on
Sundays and Mondays.
- In-store discounts on bike and camping equipment with access to
even better “Pro-Deals” directly from brands.
- Staff social events.
- Access to our workshop for personal repairs.
- Lots of learning opportunities from our brands.
- A work hard, play hard work atmosphere.