Routes & Rides
Here are some links to some folks who have mapped out a bunch of great routes and rides.. everything from day trips to the Toronto Islands, multi-day bikepacking trips, gravel road adventures, and discovering new MTB trails:
The Driveside - https://thedriveside.com/
- These routes are meant to be fun and accessible to all, with some great day trips in and around the Greater Toronto Area. The team at The Drive Side tie together some awesome photography and write-ups of their routes making it super easy and fun to get out and explore on your bike.
Here is their run down of what they do:
"This is simple, bikes are for everyone. Here you’ll find local Toronto cycling adventure routes, destinations, & fun bicycles. The DriveSide is about bike adventures for all. We want to show you that your bike can take you to amazing places, it doesn’t have to be fancy but it can still be incredible."
Bikepacking Ontario - https://www.bikepackingontario.com/
- If you are looking to get out for your first bikepacking trip or looking for that next route to check off you list, Bikepacking Ontario has brought together all best routes in the region and is a great resource for your planning. These rides range from weekend to weeklong trips that really showcase the diversity of terrain and beauty right here in Ontario.
"We inspire exploring Ontario's backroads and trails on two wheels with bikepacking routes offering a range of distances and difficulty. From easygoing overnighters to rollicking multi-day adventures, Bikepacking Ontario has a trip for you."
RideGravel.ca - https://www.ridegravel.ca/
- Riding gravel roads is such a blast, you get away from traffic, you get to explore those off the beaten path areas, and feel more connected to the places and terrain that surround us. At RideGravel.ca you will find some super rad rides to explore with some detailed route descriptions, photos from the rides, and maps to make it super easy to get out there!
"Your source for gravel and bikepacking routes in eastern and central Ontario, western Quebec, and Beyond!"
Bikepacking.com - https://bikepacking.com/
- Looking for some daily bikepacking inspiration? Look no further than Bikepacking.com.. the ultimate resource for routes from around the world, gear guides, product reviews, and so much stoke!
"Bikepacking.com is the resource for the latest bikepacking routes, gear reviews, inspiration, planning, insight, adventure stories, news, and events. Brought to you by folks addicted to campfire smoke, chromoly steel, and getting lost"
Trailforks - https://www.trailforks.com/
- Trailforks is a great resource for finding and navigating your way through the bulk of the MTB trail systems out there. You can download the App and feel pretty darn confident that you will not lose your way while on the trail.