Professional Mechanic & Bicycle Builders
Dismount is searching for a professional mechanic, as well as bicycle builders to join our team. Mechanics have a wide range of responsibilities and must be committed to ensuring that all bicycles are in excellent working order and safe for their end rider. Our ideal candidate is passionate about bikes, up to date with latest industry trends and technologies. You must take pride in your work and strive for excellence! Oh, and also not be a grouchy mechanic…Seriously, we are a super friendly shop! Industry certifications a plus. Prior professional bicycle shop/industry experience required.
Who we are:
Our aim is to provide an excellent experience for cycling customers of all demographics and interests. We aim to be approachable, friendly and knowledgeable about what we sell. We want to set you up with the tools to experience and enjoy your adventures to the fullest. That can be rolling to the park as a family or doing multi-day self-supported trek through the wilderness.
As a bicycle mechanic at Dismount, you’ll be reporting to the owners and receiving guidance from senior mechanics. Bicycle mechanics have a wide variety of jobs they’ll be called upon for but will be focused on completing tune-ups, installing parts, servicing components and problem solving to ensure a safe and problem free ride for our customers. We also expect every bike assembled or repaired to be test ridden and for mechanics to keep a clean and tidy workspace.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Do a thorough inspection of bikes and a detailed write up of what work needs to be done for the bike to work at 100%.
- Communicate with the customer and provide a polite and informative consultation about options and issues. This is done over the phone, in person and by email.
- Provide high quality service with keen attention to detail.
- Build and finish new bikes for sale.
- Install accessories .
- Assisting in keeping workshop area and parts storage clean and tidy.
- Answering the phone.
- Assisting with processing of warranty claims.
- Enjoy interacting with customers and providing excellent service. We take pride in being approachable and courteous, any employee must share those values.
- Are able to perform a wide range of complex repairs on bikes ranging from full-suspension mountain bikes to high end road and gravel.
- Have high attention to detail and take pride in your work.
- Are constantly on the lookout for ways our shop can run more efficiently.
- Are able to use a computer. Experience with Lightspeed is a bonus.
- Are motivated to learn and are always looking to advance or add to your industry accreditation.
- Are organized and tidy.
- Are interested in what we do! Riding, camping and getting outside!
Expectations at Dismount:
- We’re part of a team, treat everyone with respect.
- Be punctual.
- Represent the store in a responsible manner when outside the shop.
- Keep your training up to date and search out new ways to learn more from our brands and resources.
- Be able to maintain a tidy workspace.
- Are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay with a sliding scale based on experience, with opportunities to earn more.
- Full-time employment with 2 days off a week, the shop is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- In-store discounts on bike and camping equipment with access to even better “Pro-Deals” directly from brands.
- Staff social events.
- Access to our workshop for personal repairs.
- Lots of learning opportunities from our brands.
- A work hard, play hard work atmosphere.