TX Direct Wash-In 300ml
TX Direct Wash-In 300ml
The No.1 easy to use, safe, high performance wash in waterproofing for wet weather clothing. Adds Durable Water Repellency and revives breathability - in a washing machine.
Breathable waterproof garments are most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer fabric absorbs water, the garment can lose up to 70% of its breathability. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) on the outer fabric of your jacket must be maintained to ensure comfort. It will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax TX.Direct®.
Use Nikwax TX Direct when your rain gear soaks up water:
Your raingear could be soaking up water just because it is dirty. First, try cleaning it with Nikwax Tech Wash®, and if it is fairly new, or recently re-waterproofed, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) will be revitalized just from cleaning. But, once the garment has been thoroughly worn, you will need to add DWR, using Nikwax TX.Direct®, after cleaning first with Nikwax Tech Wash®.
How Nikwax TX Direct Wash-In protects:
Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In is the market leader. It is easy and quick to apply in a washing machine, and its highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) develops on air drying. The washing machine application ensures that the treatment goes right through the garment, treating seams, tapes and cords, as well as the fabric. Also, as the need for tumble drying is removed, this saves energy and protects more vulnerable, older, garments from heat. Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In has been specifically designed and optimized for breathable waterproof garments; it leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibers allowing moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability.
Use Nikwax TX Direct Wash-In in a washing machine:
Use Nikwax TX.Direct® Wash-In in a washing machine ...
For best results remove all non-washable parts and always clean item(s) first with Nikwax Tech Wash® in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing.
Top Loading Machine Wash:
- Place maximum of 3 clean garments in washing machine.
- After the machine has filled add 10floz/300ml of TX.Direct®.
- Set cycle to Heavy and Warm, Low water level.
Front Loading Machine Wash:
- Remove all detergent build-up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place maximum of 2 clean garments in washing machine.
- Use 3floz/100ml per garment.
- Run 30oC Synthetic cycle and slow spin.
- Do not machine-wash garments if taped seams have become dislodged. *Faulty taped seams sometimes become detached on old or worn garments. They can be re-stuck using a proprietary clear glue after waterproofing and drying.
- To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.