Sometimes the greatest journeys are full of memorable experiences: churning over towering mountain passes, trying to make it to the next town before the café closes, pedaling from sunrise to sunset, or sleeping in when you’re gifted with perfect weather and an incredible view from your tent. We designed the Sparwood around long-distance mixed-terrain routes, for riders seeking to experience the land, not just ride on it. Tubeless ready.
- The 27.5 x 2.2" Sparwood has bikepacking deeply ingrained in its DNA, and is ready for any surface. The 2.1” casing supports a perfect balance of low rolling resistance, reduced weight, and excellent maneuverability in a stable 27.5” diameter tire. Whether navigating routes comprised of jeep roads, twisty singletrack, gravel tracks, or paved connecting sections, the Sparwood is ready for the ride.
- Measuring in at 29 x 2.2”, the Sparwood has bikepacking deeply ingrained in its DNA. When navigating routes comprised of jeep roads, twisty singletrack, gravel tracks, and paved connecting sections, we find that a 2.2” casing is the sweet spot. It offers decreased rolling resistance, reduced weight, and excellent maneuverability in a stable 29” diameter.
- Light & Supple Casing: When extra puncture protection isn’t necessary, Teravail's light and supple casing offers decreased weight and a comfortable, ultra-supple ride quality at lower pressures when set up tubeless.
- Tubeless Ready: Teravail tubeless tires use a proprietary bead material and shape in order to create a strong, airtight seal between the tire and rim.
- Center lugs are raised and ramped for rolling efficiency; the diamond-shaped lugs squeeze in for grip as they contact dirt, then back out to shed debris.
- Diamond- and chevron-shaped transition lugs feature staggered spacing and height to improve shedding and traction.
- L-shaped side lugs dig in for grip while braking through corners, but roll quickly when off the brakes.
- For rim compatibility and more details, go to Teravail's tech page.